GREAT Membership Drive
Effective political advocacy and grassroots involvement are the backbone of the credit union movement. One of the key ways MnCUN is able to ensure that the credit union voice is heard on state and federal issues is through GREAT, the GrassRoots Education & Action Team. To help credit unions be politically effective, the Network has set the goal of having 100 percent employee participation in GREAT. It is also our goal to have at least 2 percent of each credit union's membership as active advocates involved in GREAT!
GREAT: Free, easy & effective
GREAT provides the opportunity to help preserve, protect and promote Minnesota credit unions. As not-for-profit financial institutions, credit unions don’t have the legions of lobbyist at their disposal. But what we do have is 1.5 million members and more than 4,300 employees who are engaged, passionate and have a vested interest in the well-being of their credit union. By participating in GREAT, you employees and members will join other supporters from across the state in sharing the credit union story with our elected officials.
Membership is free, and the information provided by GREAT members will only be used for the purpose of grassroots advocacy.
Here’s how the program works:
1. GREAT members receive occasional emails asking them to contact elected officials about crucial issues.
2. GREAT provides sample email messages and social media posts.
3. GREAT members send targeted messages to legislators in just a few clicks!
It’s that simple!
Membership Drive materials available
MnCUN has created a variety of free promotional materials for credit unions to use during the membership drive.
- GREAT sign up-forms (order now)
- Sample newsletter article/web text (download now)
- Downloadable web graphics. Link these graphics to a page that contains the sample website text provided by MnCUN
In addition, MnCUN staff is available to give a GREAT presentation at your credit union. To schedule a presentation, contact MnCUN Political Advocacy Director Ryan Smith by email or at (651) 288-5533.
With questions, contact MnCUN Political Advocacy Director Ryan Smith by email or at (651) 288-5533.