Help Members & Improve Your Bottom Line
with LSS Financial Counseling
Minnesota credit unions can now offer members facing financial difficulties immediate access to trusted, high-quality financial counseling through MnCUN's partnership with LSS Financial Counseling. Through LSS Financial Counseling's Financial Choice, credit unions can offer their members immediate help through phone credit and housing counselors and priority scheduling through in-person appointment at eight locations throughout the state.
LSS financial counselors are certified in both credit and housing counseling and specialize in helping individuals avoid bankruptcy, foreclosure and debt settlement scams. Through LSS Financial Counseling, credit unions can offer members education on how to develop positive money management skills, guidance on reading a credit report, budget and debt counseling, debt management plans, and foreclosure prevention counseling. The customized financial wellness plans meet the unique needs of each credit union's field of membership and distinguish the credit union as a trusted financial partner.
Enhanced level of service
Many credit unions refer members to LSS Financial Counseling for help, but Financial Choice provides enhanced level of service to members and the credit union, including:
- Stronger Loss Prevention: Add Financial Choice to your collections toolkit
so LSS can help members address their total financial picture. LSS has expert
foreclosure prevention and student loan teams, and partner credit unions have
also built LSS into their loan modification process, for stronger loan mods,
- Priority Access to Services: Financial Choice members have immediate access to "counselor-on-call” and are guaranteed a full appointment within three business days regardless of general public demand
- Service that Focuses on Positioning Members for Financial Wellness: Each member is offered follow-up sessions (up to six per year), targeted at improving money management skills, credit scores, or capacity to increase savings.
- Seamless Access to Certified Housing Counselors: Replace the current fragmented system with full access to expert foreclosure prevention, homebuyer readiness, and reverse mortgage counseling.
- Partner Relations Specialist: LSS will provide a partner relations key contact
to maximize the value of the partnership through employee trainings, providing
blog and newsletter content and success stories, and helping to boost
visibility and brand through community events.
- Financial Education Workshops: LSS can deliver financial education wherever you
want it – for employees, members, community SEGs and high schools – with over
20 personal finance topics..
The services offered by LSS Financial Counseling help to ensure that members choose reputable help, which minimizes write-off and bankruptcy losses and fosters member loyalty. By offering financial information and resources, credit unions distinguish themselves as financial institutions dedicated to helping members meet and surpass their financial goals.
About LSS Financial Counseling
Founded in 1987, LSS Financial Counseling serves consumers through eight locations across Minnesota, as well as through nationwide phone and online counseling. They are a member of the National Foundation of Credit Counseling, along with being a HUD-approved housing counseling provider. LSS Financial Counseling maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Sign up today
To learn more about LSS Financial Counseling and to sign onto Financial Choice contact MnCUN Vice President – Network Service Corporation John Ferstl by email or at (651) 288-5505.