Bankruptcies are increasing and getting more complicated. This webinar will explain the actions that a credit union must take to protect its interests in a bankruptcy situation and will review prohibited actions. Participants will examine the steps (and pitfalls) that a credit union should know regarding Chapters 7, 11 and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Questions this webinar will answer include:
- What is the automatic stay and what does it prohibit?
- When can a credit union exercise a right of setoff?
- Are reaffirmation agreements a good idea?
- What is a cram down and how does it work?
- What if the trustee claims a preference payment?
- What can a credit union do after the debtor is discharged?
Who should attend: Administrators, Collectors, Loan Officers and CEOs
Time: 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, Dec. 8
Coupling telephone conference interaction with web site technology, this session brings informative, interactive training directly to you. During the webinar, you'll view a real time PowerPoint presentation on your computer while listening to the audio connection via telephone.
While credit unions are encouraged to use the webinar to train multiple individuals at once, the credit union will be charged for each computer connection that uses its login code. Participants will receive login instructions and handout materials via e-mail prior to the webinar. In addition after the session, registrants will receive a CD-ROM.