||Thrivent Financial Federal Credit Union
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
The Chief Compliance Officer of Thrivent Federal Credit Union develops, maintains and implements a comprehensive compliance program and applicable procedures for Thrivent Federal Credit Union designed to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and statements of policy, and internally-developed policies and procedures. Provides assistance and input to the credit union’s risk management program. Provides compliance support and counsel on regulatory and compliance requirements related to the credit union’s business, including the Bank Secrecy Act and fraud. Serves as bank liaison in regulatory examinations and audits.
- Develops, maintains and implements the credit union’s comprehensive compliance program and applicable procedures that ensures compliance with existing and future applicable federal and state laws, regulations and statements of policy, and internally-developed policies and procedures, including BSA and fraud.
- Independently researches, advises and counsels staff and management on regulatory and compliance requirements related to the credit union’s business, , as well as serves as a subject matter expert on compliance-related matters, including special projects and initiatives.
- Provides risk management advice and assistance to management and staff through involvement and participation in the credit union’s risk management program.
- Provides applicable compliance training for credit union staff.
- Investigates customer complaints and issues and assists senior counsel on matters involving litigation that may affect the credit union’s compliance program.
- Serves as a liaison for regulators and auditors as applicable.
- Supervises Compliance Officer and Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, paralegal studies, or related field preferred.
- 7 or more years of financial institution compliance experience in a federally-regulated financial institution.
- Significant knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the credit union, including BSA/AML and fraud.
- Advanced ability to understand and analyze credit union legal and regulatory requirements and their implications on the credit union’s operations.
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally, as well as interact, with employees of all credit union’s departments, internal and external auditors, and federal regulatory examiners.
How to Apply / Contact