||Thrivent Financial Federal Credit Union
|Type of Position:
Description & Details
This role will be at either the Vice President or Assistant Vice President level, depending on qualifications. This individual is responsible for the acquisition and retention of commercial banking customers for Thrivent Federal Credit Union. This position will have a strong emphasis on commercial real estate lending to customers in a large geographic area. Desired skills/experiences include financial analysis, business development, portfolio management, strong negotiation skills, and familiarity with commercial loan documentation.
- Communicate with customers to establish needs and recommend credit solutions.
- Analyze financial statements and work with credit analysts to prepare and present loan requests to the proper approval authority.
- Properly structure potential credits to ensure all loans are made in compliance with the Credit Union’s loan policy.
- Ensure proper portfolio management for existing customers including annual reviews, risk rating changes, troubled loan monitoring, and tasks as directed by the Manager of Commercial Banking or the Credit Committee.
- Meet defined business development goals.
- Seek cross-sell and referral opportunities for other areas of the Credit Union.
- Monitor an existing commercial portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- 2 plus years of Bank/Credit Union commercial credit experience; preferably as a Commercial Lender or Credit Analyst.
- Ability to independently analyze financial reports and structure credit requests.
- Experience with commercial loan documentation and common commercial real estate reports (i.e. appraisal, environmental, title)
- Self-directed while displaying initiative and decision making skills.
- Takes responsibility/ownership for achieving goals.
- Ability to work in partnership with other areas of the Credit Union.
- Strong customer interaction and communication skills.
How to Apply / Contact