||General Mills Federal Credit Union
||Member Service Rep./Teller
Direct all aspects of the call center to ensure effective and efficient response time, quality of member service, and compliance with existing regulations and policies. Provide input and recommendations for the improvement of service delivery and assist in the development and implementation of such processes. Responsible for managing the call center staff, including training, scheduling and administration of human resource activities such as performance reviews, interviewing, and coaching.
- Perform duties associated with Member Connections Representative including taking member calls daily. Duties include but are not limited to performing transactions, opening memberships, taking loan applications, trouble-shooting Virtual Branch issues, researching Bill Payment. Channels used to serve members include phone calls, Live Chat, Mobile Branch and through emails sent via the website and Virtual Branch. The supervisor will spend approximately 60-70% of their time in this capacity.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of credit union products and services. Understand and make suggestions to enhance the department’s internal processes.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained call center staff by providing leadership and direction in order to meet credit union & department strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for tracking & monitoring individual and department performance goals as they relate to the overall performance of the credit union.
- Generate, analyze, and monitor call reports to determine employee efficiency, response time, accuracy, new business opportunities, and member satisfaction to understand & improve delivery & quality of member service.
- Follow Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Maintain a professional approach and effective relationships with all departments within the credit union.
- Implement and monitor call center procedures to comply with credit union policies & NCUA/ governmental regulations. Review and recommend revisions as needed.
- Assist call center staff in resolving complex member issues, questions, or complaints. Research, investigate, document these matters through appropriate channels to ensure proper follow up to achieve member satisfaction.
- Develop competent staff by coaching, writing and delivering performance appraisals, holding employees accountable and giving support of Individual Development Plans.
- Reinforce the focus of sales and service by meeting with the Organizational Development department in order to understand feedback and support the development opportunities related to cross selling products and services based on the financial needs of our members and outbound calling. This support includes regular one-on-one meetings, review of call recordings & regular hip coaching.
- Manage workflow and staffing levels to ensure efficient and IMPRESSive service delivery.
- Participate in hiring and on-boarding process as appropriate.
- Support and communicate changes in credit union policies and procedures in a timely manner to employees.
- Conduct monthly dept. meetings and regular huddles. Anticipate training on systems, products and services, policies and procedures, plus governmental rules and regulations and service needs. Communicate them to V.P. and/or Organizational Development to assist in the development of training for call center employees.
Skills and Competencies
- Promote excellent member service skills and display professional image, leadership by example.
- Act as a team player within the department and the credit union as a whole.
- Competent in the area of conflict resolution.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to changing job requirements.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate, including both written and verbal communication, with all employees and GMFCU members.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
· Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Highly organized, self-motivated, and self-managed (sets/clarifies goals)
· Able to work independently to perform assigned accountabilities, as well as able to independently identify work that needs to be done.
· Intermediate knowledge of Windows based PC applications, including MS Office and in house data processing systems.
- Some college, Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business or related field, or equivalent experience in Credit Union/Banking industry.
- 2+ years’ experience in a call center environment.
- 2+ year’s supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures, including security procedures, and Credit Union/Banking and NCUA compliance.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
· Demonstrated ability to cross-sell deposit / loan products and services.
The call center fields many calls related to electronic channels including Virtual Branch, Mobile Banking/Deposit and loan applications. The marketing and IT department provide tips and workarounds when there are known platform issues. The ideal supervisor should have some comfort with various IT terminology and helping others troubleshoot issues.
Physical Requirements of the Position
Continuous sitting. Occasional walking. Occasional standing. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Occasional bending and/or reaching for supplies on ground level. Occasional reaching above shoulder level for supplies overhead. Frequent repetitive use of hands such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists, and finger dexterity to perform various accounting duties such as using a 10 key calculator, keyboarding and entering data into the computer system. Frequent speaking, listen and hearing for interaction with members, staff, and the general public. Occasional clarity of vision at 20 inches or less. Frequent clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.