||Wings Financial Credit Union
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for gathering, monitoring, tracking, analyzing and reporting on a wide variety of organizational data and research to be used by the credit union in the development and implementation of marketing projects and programs as well as strategic initiatives of the credit union. Conducts and coordinates member and market research initiatives. Manages MCIF system vendor relationship and is the primary internal user of the system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gather, monitor, utilize, and analyze data obtained from credit union systems (MCIF, business intelligence sites, web site, loan processing system, etc.) to assist in the development and implementation of effective marketing programs and reporting.
- Manage MCIF system vendor relationship, and acts as in-house expert of the system.
- Understand basics of SQL databases to build queries and prepare reports from internal systems.
- Conducts or coordinates quantitative or qualitative research programs to better understand Wings membership and target audiences.
- Member satisfaction measurement and reporting.
- Manage VOM (Voice Of the Member) moments of truth, organize them into actionable data, and regularly report on results.
- Monitor competition; maintain a current knowledge of competitors’ products and services, promotional offerings and other initiatives.
- Identifies relevant third-party data sources when additional data needs arise.
- Ensures monthly reports are posted and available for marketing team.
- Tracks marketing promotions and assists the marketing team with reporting of promotional results.
- Plays a key role in the development of the annual Marketing and Business Development plans, providing research and supporting data as needed.
- Ensure assigned programs are produced according to approved budgets.
- Responsible for designing, writing and producing effective reporting procedures.
- Manage the timeliness, cost-effectiveness and quality of third-party vendors (Raddon, PSCU, Harland Clarke etc.) used to carry out the credit union’s marketing goals.
- Gather and analyze competitive market data to support marketing department initiatives.
- Prepare reports and proposals for use by credit union management.
- Gather and analyze market data to determine potential new products/markets.Works with Finance and Information Systems to coordinate reporting efforts and serve as back-up to each other where possible.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Complies with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/CIP (U.S. Patriot Act) procedures and policies.
- Provides members with courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations while processing transactions promptly, efficiently and accurately.
- Follows Wings Financial CU’s “Standards of Professionalism” to represent the credit union to members in a professional manner through written and verbal communications, attitude, business attire, work area, and thorough knowledge of our products and services.
- Meets individual quality service goals as identified in your performance action plan.
- Be an effective team member through cooperation, flexibility, dependability, attendance, lack of tardiness and participation at meetings and training.
- Accurately applies technical job knowledge and skills to complete all work in a timely manner in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while managing varying degrees of work.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Four year college degree preferred in marketing, business or related field, financial institution background preferred, 3-5 years’ experience with market research and analysis, analyzing and preparing data and analytics for management.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Superior writing ability (excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and word usage).
- Experience conducting or coordinating qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Experience preparing and analyzing statistical and demographic data for marketing use.
- Proficiency in several or more of the following: Raddon Integrator or similar MCIF system, SQL database structure and query building, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet browsing software.
- Willingness to travel on company business.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is predominantly sitting for extended periods, walking. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently or occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the workplace is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.