Royal Credit Union Members Re-Elect Three Board of Directors
Monday, May 23, 2016
Eau Claire, WI – At the 52nd Annual Meeting of Royal Credit Union held Tuesday, April 26, at Royal’s Corporate Center, three Board Members were re-elected to three-year terms— Jennifer McDonough, Douglas Olson, and Stuart Schaefer.
At the Reorganization Meeting, Doug Olson was elected Chairman; Tom Huffcutt was elected Vice Chairman; John Sackett was elected Treasurer; and Jennifer McDonough was elected Secretary. Nancy Beltz, Bill Blackburn, and Stuart Schaefer serve as Directors.
Many of Royal’s accomplishments in 2015 were discussed at the Annual Meeting. Following are the highlights:
- Received the Credit Union National Association’s Community Credit Union of the Year Award in the over $250 million in assets category. Royal was recognized for the exemplary work being done in the communities the credit union serves.
- Received the Wisconsin and National Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award. These awards recognize Royal’s commitment to financial literacy through programs like School $ense, Kids Club, and the GR8 Money Sense program for middle-school students. In addition, the credit union was recognized for participating in financial education at the Workforce Resource Financial Boot Camp, University of Wisconsin –Eau Claire’s Camp Campus, and it’s support of Junior Achievement.
- Received the Governor’s Financial Literacy Award in the Organization/Innovation category for the FUSE program. Through this program, middle school students from Delong Middle School developed ideas for a small business, submitted business plans, and presented to a panel of judges at the FUSE Challenge event. Monetary prizes were awarded to the top two entrepreneurs. The program is expected to expand to a number of middle schools in the communities the credit union serves.
- Implemented Camp ES3 (Earn, Save, Spend, and Share), which introduces youth to basic money management concepts.
- Received the highest-ever ‘highly satisfied’ membership survey results.
Royal Credit Union is a federally insured credit union serving over 160,000 Members with 24 full service offices. Wisconsin locations are in Amery, Balsam Lake, Chippewa Falls, Colby, Eau Claire, Hudson, Menomonie, New Richmond, Osceola, Rice Lake, River Falls, St. Croix Falls, Somerset, and Whitehall. Royal Credit Union Minnesota locations are in Edina, Coon Rapids, and St. Paul. Royal is driven by a core ideology which is built on strong purpose and values. You can open an account or apply for a low-rate loan at Royal Credit Union if you live or work in 18 counties in Western Wisconsin, 12 counties in Minnesota, or are a Realtor in Wisconsin or Minnesota. Visit rcu.org or call Royal Credit Union at 1-800-341-9911 for more information.