Minn. Credit Unions Recognized for Outstanding Marketing
Friday, January 5, 2018
ST. PAUL, Minn. – The Minnesota Credit Union Network is pleased to announce 13 recipients of their inaugural Minnesota Credit Union Marketing Awards. Winners were honored at a luncheon Jan. 4 in Edina featuring keynote speaker Melvin Tennant, CAE, president and chief executive officer of Meet Minneapolis, Convention and Visitors Association, and executive director of Sports Minneapolis.
New in 2017, the Minnesota credit union marketing awards recognize outstanding programs in the areas of branding, community impact and outreach, digital advertising, video, and complete campaigns.
“Minnesota credit unions are doing remarkable things to grow brand awareness and market to members and nonmembers alike,” said MnCUN Vice President of Communications & Engagement Andrea Molnau. “The statewide awards program recognizes the best of the best. We at the local trade association would like to congratulate the winners and thank all of the 2017 applicants for their participation.”
2017 Minnesota Credit Union Marketing Award recipients:
- $1+ Billion - Royal Credit Union: Spring Branding Television
- $250 Million-$1 Billion - City & County Credit Union: Fire, Ice and Everything Nice
- $50-$250 Million - Financial One Credit Union: Solution Stories
Community Impact & Outreach
- $1+ Billion - TruStone Financial: Show Us Your Neighborgood
- $250 Million-$1 Billion- TopLine Federal Credit Union: TopLine Credit Union Foundation Fundraising Event
- Complete Campaign
- $1+ Billion - Royal Credit Union: Because You Can
- $250 Million-$1 Billion - City & County Credit Union: Take the Next Step
- $50-$250 Million - Minnesota Power Employees: MPECU Fee-Free Debit Cards
- $1+ Billion - Royal Credit Union: Business Services Credit Card & Checking
- $250 Million-$1 Billion - TopLine Federal Credit Union: Invite to “Like” Contest
- $1+ Billion - Royal Credit Union: Jose, Superstar of Scrub, Spanish Version
- $250 Million-$1 Billion - SPIRE Credit Union: SPIRE TV Series: Driven By Midwestern Values
- $50-$250 Million - First Alliance Credit Union: First Alliance Member Testimonials Video Series
The 33 applications were evaluated by volunteer judges MIT Federal Credit Union Marketing Manager Madeline Anderson-Balmer, Paragon Social LLC Founder Ava Beilke, and Spot Communications Founder Patty Voje.
The Minnesota Credit Union Network is the statewide trade association that works to ensure the success, growth and vitality of Minnesota credit unions. With nearly $20 billion in assets, Minnesota credit unions are local, trusted financial cooperatives that serve more than 1.7 million members at almost 400 branch locations around the state. As not-for-profit institutions, credit unions give back to the communities they serve. For more information, visit mncun.org.