Voting is open for 2018 Credit Union Hero of the Year
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Credit Union National Association (March 8, 2018) - CUNA has announced the finalists for the 2018 Credit Union Hero of the Year award. Voting is open to select one of these individuals as the 2018 Credit Union Hero of the Year.
A credit union hero is someone who best personifies credit union philosophy and ideals, shows dedication to credit union principles, and makes a difference in their community.
The 2018 finalists are:
- Laura Aguirre, president/CEO, Hawaii First Federal Credit Union, Kamuela, Hawaii;
- Kathy Chartier, president/CEO, Members Credit Union, Cos Cob, Conn.;
- Jeffrey Hayes, president/CEO, North Star Community Credit Union, Cherokee, Iowa;
- Vicki Hoehn, vice president community engagement, Royal Credit Union, Eau Claire, Wis.; and
- Tom McWilliams, senior vice president, Mississippi Credit Union Association.
To read about the Credit Union Hero of the Year finalists and to cast a vote, visit news.cuna.org/cuhero. The deadline is April 6.
The winner will be recognized during the America’s Credit Union Conference, June 28-July 1 in Boston. The Credit Union Hero of the Year Award is sponsored by Trellance.