Credit Union Publications
- The Pulse – Serves as the informational newsletter of the Minnesota Credit Union Network, published every week. This newsletter covers current events, upcoming seminars and conferences, political information, compliance updates and other general announcements.
- Directors' Digest – Updates MnCUN-affiliated credit unions on the issues addressed by the Board. It is a publication of the MnCUN Board of Directors and is distributed subsequent to each Network Board meeting.
- Minnesota Credit Union Statistical Report – Published once a quarter, this publication analyzes credit union performance, ratios and trends and provides insight into the state of Minnesota’s credit union movement.
- Online Newsfeed – This news feed highlights credit unions and financial issues being covered by the media. Updated daily, the news feed provides timely access to newspaper coverage of Minnesota credit unions.
- Performance Survey Results 2012 – Provides the results of the MnCUN’s annual Performance Survey, which is completed by member credit unions. Introduced in 2001, this survey helps the Network staff and Board of Directors evaluate offerings and monitor trends in credit union satisfaction, based on whether the Network has improved, maintained or declined in its service to member credit unions. This survey was sent out in late March 2013 to monitor the Network’s performance in the calendar year 2012.
- Research & Communications Recommendations Report – Investigates Minnesota consumers’ knowledge of, perceptions about, and attitudes toward credit unions. The report provides Minnesota credit unions with tangible results, ideas and messages to help them move their existing and prospective members from awareness to action.
2013 Consumer Research Report
In January 2013, the Minnesota Credit Union Network worked with Fluence Media to conduct a reputation-based public opinion poll to better understand Minnesota consumers’ perceptions of financial institutions. The poll asked 500 Minnesotans a series of question to gauge their attitudes about and knowledge of credit unions. The key findings are available in MnCUN’s "Consumer Research & Recommendations Report: Using Key Messages & Research Data to Grow Credit Union Market Share,” which was published in May.
Generation Y Research Report
During the first quarter of 2012, MnCUN worked together with the Filene Research Institute to develop a Minnesota-specific study that investigates how credit unions can attract and retain younger members. Funded primarily by the Minnesota Network Advertising Program (MNAP), this research provides credit union recommends of practical actions that Minnesota credit unions can take to more effectively reach 18‐34 year olds.
This research is based on Minnesota information, along with 10 years of research on the young adult segment and how credit unions can reach them. Since credit unions come in all shapes and sizes; the recommendations in the report are presented in a "Good, Better, Best” framework:
- The "GOOD” recommendations are within the reach of almost every credit union;
- The "BETTER” recommendations build off of the "GOOD” suggestions but are more resourceintensive; and
- The "BEST” recommendations take the "BETTER” ideas to the next level in terms of time and
Access the Generation Y Research Materials