Open Your Eyes Reaches 20,000,000 Digital Impressions; Summer Event Presence Throughout the State
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Open Your Eyes to a Credit Union® is designed to raise consumer consideration of credit unions as a category. The campaign’s national digital-first strategy positions research-proven messages to disprove consumer myths associated with the ability to join and access to money.
Open Your Eyes is running social media and online ads across various platforms including Facebook and Instagram to raise awareness among consumers. By the end of May, the campaign has delivered more than 20 million digital impressions in Minnesota. We are seeing a .29% average click through rate and 14% video completion rate. Video placements on Facebook and newsfeed placements on Instagram are producing the highest CTR’s between the two platforms. New creative was rotated in during mid-April and we continue to monitor performance to determine future optimizations.
Out of Home and Events
MnCUN is enhancing the online campaign with an aggressive out of home campaign that includes statewide billboards, transit and bus signage, and indoor ads. Over the summer we’ll have an Open Your Eyes presence at numerous regional outdoor music and art events that appeal to our target demographic, including the Minnesota State Fair. Current scheduled events include:
- Thursday’s Downtown, Rochester June 6 – August 29th
- SummerTime by George (Wednesdays), St Cloud June 12 – August 28th
- Lake Jam, Brainerd June 27-29
- Rock the Garden, Minneapolis June 29
- Bayfront Festival Park, Duluth July 3-7
- Surly, Minneapolis July 7, August 9, August 14, August 17
- Riverside Concerts (Sundays), Rochester July 14 – August 18
- Basilica Block Party, Minneapolis July 14-15
- Alive After 5 (Thursdays), Mankato August 8 - 29
- Bayfront Art Festival, Duluth August 17-18
- Minnesota State Fair, St. Paul August 22 - September 2
- 95 Days of Summer (Go MN), Twin Cities Metro June, July, August
For more information about the awareness campaign, visit mncun.org/awareness.