Minn. Credit Union Women’s Leadership Network Celebrates Third Anniversary
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Last week, credit union professionals from across Minnesota gathered to celebrate the third year of the Minnesota Credit Union Women’s Leadership Network. The Minnesota Credit Union Women’s Leadership Network is a local chapter of the World Council of Credit Unions’ Global Women’s Leadership Network. The purpose is to convene Minnesota’s women credit union professionals, discuss credit union issues, exchange ideas, network with neighboring credit union leaders, and share lessons learned with Global Women’s Leadership Network members worldwide.
2019 Accomplishments include:
- Held 5 events
- 354 credit union attendees
- 24 credit unions participated
- Provided 712 hours of professional development
- Held a clothing drive for Dress for Success, organization that provides professional attire and development tools for women
- Created and donated over 60 gift bags for Brighter Tomorrows, and organization who supports families facing a childhood cancer diagnosis
- Donated over $2,000 to the Global Women’s Leadership Network through the sale of pink scarves, ties and water tumblers
- Participated in a pilot mentorship program in which 14 WLN members are strategically paired for a 12-month, formal mentorship relationship
Since 2017, the Women’s Leadership Network has held 13 events; supported 425 credit union professionals; provided 1,630 hours of professional development; and donated over $5,500 to the Global Women’s Leadership Network.
The Anniversary Celebration was held at CHS Field in St. Paul. Rachael Reiling, Director of Business Development at SPIRE CU shared her experience volunteering with the Global Women’s Leadership Network in the Philippines. Lynn Heckler, EVP, Chief Talent Officer at PSCU, shared leadership strategies for talent development in the age of Digital Transformation. Both presentations are available under the Resources section of the Minnesota Credit Union Women’s Leadership Network page on the MnCUN website.