Minnesota Family Involvement Council 2016 scholarship recipients
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Minnesota Credit Union Foundation - ST. PAUL, Minn. (March 31, 2016) - After poring over nearly 700 applications, the Family Involvement Council (FIC), a committee of the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation (MnCUF), has named its scholarship recipients for 2016. A total of $10,000 in scholarships was awarded to 16 credit union members for the 2016-2017 school year.
The FIC strives to build credit union brand awareness and strengthen member relationships through its scholarship program. Scholarship applicants are asked to submit information on their extra-curricular activities and accomplishments, as well as an essay on an FIC-selected topic.
“We had a great response to our scholarship program this year with nearly 850 scholarship applications,” said Bridget Petersen, FIC Chair. “The quality of applicants we have each year makes it clear that our members care about their education and highly value being a credit union member-owner.”
Congratulations to the following winners:
- Emma Mogard, Central Minnesota Credit Union
- Kelly Besst, Electrus Federal Credit Union
- Sarah Bediako, Firefly Credit Union
- Julia Braulick, Firefly Credit Union
- Anne Kopas, Firefly Credit Union
- Emeline Brudwick, First Alliance Credit Union
- Jacob Souhrada, Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union
- Jared Joyal, Richfield Bloomington Credit Union
- Caleb Joyal, Richfield Bloomington Credit Union
- Kaitlyn Seres, Richfield Bloomington Credit Union
- Harley Braun, SouthPoint Financial Credit Union
- Mitchell Carlson, SPIRE Credit Union
- Wesley Heal, TopLine Federal Credit Union
- Amber Ferguson, TopLine Federal Credit Union
- Patrick Clark, Wings Financial Credit Union
- Riley Swenson, Wings Financial Credit Union
Funds for the FIC’s scholarship program are raised each year during the committee’s silent auction, which is held during the Minnesota Credit Union Network’s Annual Meeting & Convention. Information about the 2017 scholarship program will be available in late August or early September.
Focused on financial education and professional development initiatives, the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation (MnCUF) is dedicated to providing the resources for credit unions and communities to prosper and thrive. MnCUF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1969 that serves as a charitable arm of the Minnesota credit union movement. For more information, visit www.mncufoundation.org.