Royal Credit Union Board Treasurer Sackett Elected to National Credit Union Foundation Board
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
National Credit Union Foundation - MADISON, Wis. (May 16, 2017) - At its May 12, 2017 meeting, the National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) board of directors elected John Sackett, Board Treasurer of Royal Credit Union in Eau Claire, Wis., to the Foundation board. The CUNA Board of Directors recently designated Sackett, a CUNA Board Member, as a CUNA Board representative on the Foundation board.
Sackett will take the Foundation board seat most recently held by Edwin Williams, President/CEO of Discovery Federal Credit Union in Wyomissing, Pa.
In addition to Sackett, the members of the Foundation board are:
- Winona Nava, President/CEO of Guadalupe Credit Union in Santa Fe, N.M. (Chairman);
- Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas (Vice Chairman);
- Courtney Moran, Executive Director of the Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation in Farmers Branch, Texas (Secretary);
- David Mooney, President and CEO of Alliant Credit Union, in Chicago, Ill. (Treasurer);
- Jim Nussle, President/CEO of the Credit Union National Association in Washington, D.C. (President);
- Sarah Bang, EVP of Industry Relations at CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Bill Cheney, President/CEO of SchoolsFirst FCU in Santa Ana, Calif.;
- Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla.;
- Kathy Garner, President/CEO of Catalyst Corporate FCU in Plano, Texas;
- Teresa Halleck, President and CEO at San Diego County Credit Union, in San Diego, Calif.;
- Larry Middleman, President/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC in Portland, Ore.;
- Patrick La Pine, President/CEO of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions and Affiliates in Tallahassee, Fla.;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Carlyn Roy, President/CEO of TAPCO CU in Fircrest, Wash.;
- Howard Spencer, Director for Northland Area FCU, in Oscoda, Mich.;
- Patricia Wesenberg, President/CEO of Simplicity Credit Unionin Marshfield, Wis.; and
- Jeff York, President/CEO of CoastHills CU in Lompoc, Calif.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is the charitable arm of the U.S. credit union movement and works as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions. Through grants and programs, the Foundation is strengthening financial well-being, igniting passion and instilling knowledge about the credit union difference, and uniting resources to help credit union people during disaster. Donations to the Foundation ultimately enable credit unions to help their members reach life-changing goals and achieve financial freedom.