Minnesota Credit Union Network Event Code of Conduct
The Minnesota Credit Union Network and its affiliates (collectively “MnCUN”) are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and respectful environment for all persons who attend our conferences and events regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, physical appearance or career level. In order to facilitate such an environment, all participants, including attendees, guests, exhibitors, speakers and volunteers shall abide by this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies to all components of MnCUN’s events, including those sponsored by organizations other than MnCUN that are held in conjunction with MnCUN events, whether in public or private facilities.
EXPECTED AND REQUIRED CONDUCT
- All participants shall accept responsibility and ownership for their own conduct.
- All participants will be treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views, ideas and opinions.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other participants, MnCUN staff, suppliers/vendors and venue staff.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert MnCUN staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress or inappropriate conduct.
- Dress and behave accordingly for the event, activity or session.
- Respect the rules and policies of the event venue.
- If the event involves alcoholic beverages, consumption will be done responsibly.
- Harassment, sexual harassment, bullying or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, MnCUN or venue staff, service provider, or other event guest.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, MnCUN or venue staff, service provider or other event guest.
- Unwanted touching, hugging or sexual advances of any kind.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
CONSEQUENCES FOR MISCONDUCT
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- MnCUN staff, their designee, or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning and without refund.
- MnCUN may prohibit attendance at any future event. This includes prohibiting entire organizations from attendance at future events.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, immediately notify MnCUN staff.
- Notification can be done in-person or by emailing your concern to General Counsel Tim Tacheny, Vice President Communications & Engagement Andrea Molnau, or Director of Engagement Ben Hering.
- Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety should contact 911. If possible, also alert venue staff and MnCUN staff.
Minnesota Credit Union Network Event Image Release
MnCUN, itself or by its contractors or designees, may be photographing, videotaping, audio-taping or webcasting sessions and activities at its events. By registering, all participants, including attendees and their guests, vendors, and exhibitors, speakers and volunteers acknowledge these activities and agree to allow their image to be captured and used by MnCUN without compensation. Participants also agree to allow MnCUN to use, without compensation, anything Participants posts on social media regarding the event. This includes images, video and audio. Use includes placement in publications, on MnCUN’s website, social media and in marketing and promotional materials.